Municipal Engineering & Land Planning for Growing Communities of All Sizes
We are your best advocate. FCE will provide specially tailored services to meet the specific needs of your municipality. We work closely with municipal officials and staff in order to provide the most effective and efficient services possible.
Municipal Engineering Services
For over two decades, our municipal engineering services have helped community leaders and administrators utilize resources to maximum potential.
In the past, FCE has been selected to act as subject matter experts at the local and state levels, such as the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors (PSATS) and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). Members of our staff also have been, or are currently, locally-elected officials. This is an asset to have under our firm’s belt as we are capable of navigating municipal engineering from both perspectives – government and end user.
A Comprehensive Approach
Some of the comprehensive approaches to municipal civil engineering and urban engineering that we have lent to our municipal clients include the following:
- All facets of municipal engineering design
- Review and comments of land development plans to ensure compliance with the local Municipal Planning Codes (MPC) and the municipalities zoning ordinances.
- Property owner interaction
- Solving emergency situations that require engineering solutions
- Securing grant funding for projects (DCNR, CDBG, etc.)
- Recreation and facility design
- Municipal meeting attendance
- Construction inspection services
- Sewage Enforcement Officer (SEO) services
- Bond reduction evaluations
- Maintaining the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s (PA DEP) MS4 Program
Municipal Engineering: Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need a stormwater plan to install a shed or garage at my house?
Each municipality has a stormwater management ordinance that mandates how the stormwater runoff from a building or hard surface must be managed. The purpose of the systems installed is to make it so there is no more stormwater runoff from your property than there was before the building was built.
What are the zoning restrictions for developing my property?
Zoning restrictions vary from municipality to municipality and zoning district to zoning district. FCE will evaluate your specific project to determine any development restrictions and identify any needed relief from the zoning ordinance and assist you in the zoning approval process.
Contact FCE, we can help you determine this and the best use for your property.
Firehouse in Springettsbury Twp. York
When the Township needed to construct a new building for the fire department, FCE provided civil engineering and land development services for the new site, along with project review services and inspection services.