Sheetz, Inc., Strinestown, PA
Grocery & Convenience Stores
The latest Sheetz project we completed is in Strinestown, off I-83 at the intersection of Cloverleaf Rd. and the Susquehanna Trail.
The 6,000 sq. ft. store opened in the fall of 2020, and includes a drive thru, a canopy with 12 fueling positions, and a separate truck diesel facility with five fueling positions.
For our role in this project, we coordinated with municipal, state, and federal agencies to ensure that all necessary permits were obtained. Our designs have routinely included stormwater conveyance systems along with erosion and sedimentation control measures. In addition, we have designed aesthetically-pleasing, easily accessible stores and parking lots.
Project Quick Facts
– This is a 6,077 square foot Sheetz Store on a 7-acre lot.
– The project required the joining in common of six parcels of land located at the southeast corner of the intersection of SR-0295 Susquehanna Trail and Cloverleaf Road.
– The project also included construction of a canopy and 12 fueling positions, 47 parking spaces, drive-thru ordering (and associated drive-thru lane).
– A separate truck diesel fueling facility has five fueling positions, parking for 12 tractor trailers, and underground diesel tanks with fuel unloading zone.
– A 100-foot Sheetz Sky Sign was approved by the Conewago Township ZHB and was constructed along I-83.
First Capital Engineering has served as the civil engineer for many Sheetz locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Our services have included land development, land surveying, landscape architecture, and civil engineering for new construction and store renovations.