First Capital Engineering, Inc., a successful multi-disciplinary firm with excellent client relationships, seeks an energetic, Construction Inspector. Our staff is the key to our success. This individual shall team with other in-house professionals to offer superior services while working in an enjoyable environment. Positions not only have opportunities for advancement but have the opportunity to be mentored by various Registered Professionals.
Construction inspection experience for structures, roadway and municipal projects preferred. Position requires the on-site daily observation of construction activities to ensure compliance of regulations, safety standards, best practices, coordination with site manager, and reading of blueprints to ensure accuracy of project plans and specifications.
Interested individuals should have a strong work ethic, be in good physical condition, be able to work independently and must possess a valid driver’s license and be capable of reporting to construction job sites on a daily basis.
The following qualifications are required:
- Minimum 1 year prior construction oversight and/or inspection experience
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
The following Qualifications are preferred:
- Associates Degree in a related technical field
- NICET Certification
- NECEPT Bituminous Certifications
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1 Certification or NECEPT Concrete
A valid driver’s license is required