Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
Survey Instrument Operator
First Capital Engineering, Inc., a successful multi-disciplinary firm with excellent client relationships, seeks an energetic, survey instrument operator. Our staff is the key to our success. This individual shall team with other in-house professionals to offer superior services while working in an enjoyable environment. Positions not only have opportunities for advancement but also have the opportunity to be mentored by various Registered Professionals.
First Capital Engineering is seeking a Survey Instrument Operator!The survey instrument operatorwill work in a fast-paced field environment. The survey instrument operatorwill report to the Survey Field Manager. The Survey Instrument team is integral to the successful completion of clientsurvey’s. We need candidates that will accurately collect field data using GPS and Robotic survey equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Set up total station, accurately gather survey data.
• Perform a closed loop traverse and reduce the data and run a trig level.
• Run Digital and Optical Levels.
• Must be able to perform COGO functions such as inverse, resection, stake a line, translate and rotate coordinates in the field.
• Must be able to read a recorded subdivision plat or a metesand bounds legal description.
• Be able to run a map check and list the map Error of closure using Carlson SurvCe.
• Must be able to locate property corners using a pin finder, recorded deed or subdivision plat
• Must be able to run automated line work.
• Must learn FCE field codes and line work codes.
• Responsible for cutting line with machete, brush hook or chain saw.
• Must be able to calibrate a prism rod.
• Must make sure truck is fully equipped every day.
• Carry instruments, field equipment, hammers, stakes, lathes, hubs, nails, etc.
• Carry out instructions and tasks assigned by Party Chief.
• Ability to work outdoors with long hours and sometimes difficult physical demands (hot and cold temperatures, rain).
Qualifications and Skills:
• Mathematical principles
• Safe work methods
• Land survey terminology
• Field survey methods and techniques
• Using complex optical and electronic instruments and equipment
• Using computers and related software
• Read graphic instructions
• Read construction plans and specifications
• Communicate professionally with co-workers and clients
• Be able to follow oral and written directions and have good time management skills.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D., additional coursework in land surveying and two years of survey related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as those listed above.
•Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
•Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
•Health Savings Account
•Company Paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
•Company Paid Life Insurance
Please send a resume in pdf format, cover letter.